Terms and conditions
A. The Green Man’s Grants competition requires an entrant (You/Your), to provide the TAC with an idea that supports and answers the criteria contained in one of three road safety briefs: Vehicle Safety, Vulnerability and Shared Responsibility (Competition) and is conducted by the Transport Accident Commission, ABN 22 033 947 623 of 60 Brougham Street Geelong Vic 3220 (Us/We/Our).
B. All instructions, information on how to enter and prize information published by Us related to the Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Who can enter
- You can enter this Competition if You:
(a) are a resident of Victoria; and
(b) are between 18 and 25 years of age as at 1 August 2016; and
(c) have never been disqualified from holding any drivers licence, or had any drivers licence suspended for any reason.
- In order to verify Your age and Your driving history, You must consent to Us making a request to VicRoads (or the equivalent licensing authority in any Australian state or territory) to provide, and VicRoads (or equivalent) providing to Us, details about Your age and driving history (see Privacy Statement below for further details).
- If You do not provide Your consent as required in clause 1.4, You will be disqualified from entering this Competition.
- Only one person can be nominated as the entrant for each entry submitted for the Competition.
2. How to enter
- To enter the competition, You must submit to Us:
(a) a fully completed entry form (available at www.Greenmangrants.com.au); and
(b) a summary of Your concept articulating Your idea which answers the criteria in one of the following briefs chosen by You: Vehicle Safety, Vulnerability and Shared Responsibility
(together the Entry Materials).
- The Entry Materials must be Your original work.
- There is no fee to enter the Competition, but You are responsible for all of the costs of preparing the Entry Materials.
- We will accept Entry Materials for the Competition from until 5pm on 6 October 2016. You can submit your Entry Materials online via www.Greenmangrants.com.au/
- We do not accept any responsibility if Your Entry Materials are not received, in whole or in part, for any reason and You agree to make Your own enquiries regarding whether Your Entry Materials have been received by Us.
- You are responsible for ensuring that You comply with these terms and conditions and all other legal requirements in relation to the Competition.
- There is no limit on the number of entries You can submit to the Competition.
- If You wish to withdraw Your entry from the Competition at any time, You must inform Us in writing (attention: Amy Cockerell) no later than 5pm, 6th October 2016. If notification of Your withdrawal of Your entry from the Competition is received by this time, Your entry will be returned.
3.1 The Competition will be judged by a judging panel comprising Our personnel and key road safety partner representatives. You will be notified whether or not You are a Competition finalist by email on or by 24 October 2016.
3.2 The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- If You are selected as one of the finalists, You will be required to present Your idea before a judging panel which will include relevant industry experts. We will provide a briefing containing the requirements for the presentation. Presentations will take place from 1 November 2016. You must also submit a detailed supporting budget of no more than $50,000 (Budget), which will ensure the production of the idea (Deliverable). We may ask you to provide other information as notified by Us from time to time (Finalist Material).
- We will select up to 10 winners who will be announced from the 14th November 2016. Should You be selected as one of the winners, You will be required to sign any agreements and any other documentation relating to the Deliverable.
- We will partner You with an industry expert who will assist with Your Deliverable. We will also arrange for the payment of expenses in accordance with Your submitted Budget on Your behalf upon receipt by Us of a GST-compliant invoice. We will not be liable for any other expenses incurred by You not included in the Budget or in relation to expenses that exceed Your Budget.
- The Deliverable must be submitted to Us on the date to be advised by Us (or any extension of that date as approved by Us). In the event the Deliverable is not submitted by the due date, We may ask You to repay to Us all or part of the Budget amount.
- In relation to the Deliverable, You are responsible for ensuring that, where relevant all laws (including but not limited to occupational health and safety law), road safety rules (confirmation of these rules and limits can be accessed from any VicRoads office or at (http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au); licences and consents have been complied with or obtained. Unless otherwise directed by Competition requirements, any person who appears in the Deliverable must be and appear to be 18 – 25 years.
- If You are selected as one of the winners, We will pay You a cash prize of $5,000.00. The cash prize will only be paid to You if You have signed and complied with all agreements referred to in clause 5.1 and Your Deliverable is submitted by the due date.
- We accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the payment of the cash prize to You. You should seek Your own independent financial advice about the payment of the cash prize.
- By entering this Competition, You accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- All decisions made by Us in respect of the Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Whilst Your entry is still being considered by Us as part of the Competition, or if You are a Competition winner, You have an ongoing obligation to disclose any facts or information which may lead to or flow from a suspension or cancellation of any motor vehicle Licence You hold or have held, whether in Victoria or interstate, to Us.
- We reserve the right to refuse to progress Your entry if Your driver’s licence has been cancelled or suspended, if You have a pending cancellation or suspension, or if You are in dispute in relation to the cancellation or suspension of any driver’s licence You hold.
- If Your Entry Materials or Finalist Materials in this Competition are submitted via the Internet, You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for technical failures or malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet. We accept no responsibility for any virus or other harmful code that You may download in participating in this Competition.
- As a condition of entry into this Competition and unless withdrawn under clause 2.8, You agree to assign to Us all intellectual property rights in the Entry Materials, the Finalist Materials and the Deliverables.
- Despite the assignment of Your intellectual property rights to Us as outlined in clause 7.6 above, We will grant You permission to enter Your Deliverable into subsequent competitions, subject to Us receiving appropriate recognition.
- You agree to indemnify Us for any loss or damage that may be suffered by Us as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions by You.
- To the full extent permitted by law, We and Our agencies and any of their personnel (Relevant Parties) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) whatsoever which is suffered or incurred by You arising out of, or in any way connected with, the Competition or prizes, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss, including consequential loss, arising from any negligent act or omission by any of the Relevant Parties; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
8. Privacy Statement:
We collect Your personal information provided for the purpose of entering this Competition ("Information") and may disclose it to Our marketing and promotional agencies, information technology providers and database service providers in order to conduct this Competition and to send You further information about Our future safety initiatives (if You opt to receive this information by ticking the box in the entry form). If You do not provide the information and consent to release information requested on the entry form, You will not be able to enter the Competition. By completing an entry form and submitting it to Us, You are consenting to Your name and date of birth being provided by Us to any Licensing Regulator so that the Licence Regulator can verify the Your age and advise us of Your driving history including whether Your Licence is or has previously been suspended or cancelled for any reason. You may contact Us to request access to, or corrections of, the Information that We hold about You.